Author Topic: What should the punishment be for this?  (Read 915 times)

chuckar chaser

Re: What should the punishment be for this?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 01:26:46 PM »
Loss of drivers license at the least.

Offline adrian

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 05:24:54 AM »
While attempted murder might be difficult to prove* (although I hope a prosecutor goes for it), I hope that the driver of that white pickup sues the jackass out of house and home.  Thank goodness for the video or I would imagine he would probably try to paint himself as a victim.   I could imagine him arguing that the motorcycle cut him off and he lost control of the vehicle trying to avoid him.

*I think this because the driver might be able to argue that the kick freaked him out and he over corrected.  I feel that's bs and that it was plain that the driver was trying to grind the rider into the divider but you never can tell how things will play out in court.

SIDEWINDER

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 06:22:43 AM »
Yes, that would be fun to hear the big whopper he told before realizing there was a film of the incident. If nothing else, I think they should pull his license for no less then one year. Who knows if he even carries enough insurance for all the damage he caused.

Offline Dr. Who

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 08:09:14 AM »
The motorcyclist and the driver of that car are both guilt of road rage in my book.  It takes 2 to tangle and both retaliated against one another making them both guilt of the crime.  IMHO, road rage of any form should not be tolerated and suspension of drivers licenses should be mandatory in these cases.  The motorcyclist will also be in more hot water for fleeing the scene of the accident, if the cops catch him/her.  They are just lucky that the driver of that pickup didn't die.

SIDEWINDER

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2017, 10:22:41 AM »
The motorcyclist and the driver of that car are both guilt of road rage in my book.  It takes 2 to tangle and both retaliated against one another making them both guilt of the crime.  IMHO, road rage of any form should not be tolerated and suspension of drivers licenses should be mandatory in these cases.  The motorcyclist will also be in more hot water for fleeing the scene of the accident, if the cops catch him/her.  They are just lucky that the driver of that pickup didn't die.

Ya know, I was thinking about that but technically, he was not involved in the accident, just kicking the door so I'm not sure whether kicking the door would be leaving the scene of an accident or not. However, it certainly contributed to the cause of the accident.
But he should have to pay some kind of a price also.  I think they will catch him unless the bike did not have a license.

smoothpate

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2017, 04:10:06 PM »
The motorcyclist should be summarliy executed! Motorcyclists are a boil upon the buttok of the world and should be removed immedately if not sooner!

Offline Just Tom

• Hoser Family Member
  • I'm not taking this seriously...why are you?
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2017, 06:30:11 PM »
jeez gang, that's just another day of traffic out there on the California highways and byways, you ought to see the wild BS i see everyday out there...
if you can't laugh at yourself, you don't deserve to laugh at anyone else

Offline adrian

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2017, 04:01:18 AM »
http://abcnews.go.com/US/dramatic-video-shows-alleged-road-rage-incident-california/story?id=48214088

If you read the full story it says the driver wasn't cited  ::) and that they are seeking tips to locate the rider.  Sounds like they want to charge him with leaving the scene.

nopewopbop

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2017, 11:18:09 AM »
http://abcnews.go.com/US/dramatic-video-shows-alleged-road-rage-incident-california/story?id=48214088

If you read the full story it says the driver wasn't cited  ::)

You have to wonder if that is the end of it, or if they are just looking to play another round of 'he said, she said'....  There are enough laws that everyone is guilty of something.

Offline Moman

• Regular
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2017, 02:18:56 PM »

In 51years of driving Cali roads I've seen my share of road rage . All it takes is some hot head that feels he's been victimized whether by accident or not . I've crossed double lines by mistake and Others have done the same to me . I have cut others off because I did not see them usually because they are driving too fast to see ! IMO both were at fault whether by crossing the double line in front of the motorcycle or by the motorcyclist kicking the car . Could had been been a lot worst then the pickup driver being injured . 

SIDEWINDER

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2017, 11:52:00 AM »

If you read the full story it says the driver wasn't cited  ::) and that they are seeking tips to locate the rider.  Sounds like they want to charge him with leaving the scene.

Well, as you probably know, just because you do not get a ticketed at the scene of an accident does not mean one can not arrive in the mail. I'm sure they're going over the film again and again. I'm just trying to figure how hard the biker kicked that door given that he was traveling on a motorcycle and I would think kicking it too hard would have the effect of making his motorcycle veer off in the opposite direction. It would be interesting to look at the door and see if there was a dent where he kicked it.