Author Topic: House Accessibility for Wheel Chairs and Handicap People  (Read 8683 times)

Offline MrTShirt

• Hoser Family Member
House Accessibility for Wheel Chairs and Handicap People
« on: August 11, 2017, 01:58:28 PM »
+7
I toured most of the houses during my trip to Nevada for the LPIN Gathering 21 banquet week. I wanted to see if the houses were accessible to a person in a wheel chair.

My test chair was an electric Golden Technologies GP-162. It had battery powered rear wheels with caster front wheels. The chair foot print is 2 ft by 2 ft. Most chairs will occupy a larger space.

Ely:

Out of my way, not visited.  This includes the Big 4 Ranch and the Stardust Ranch.

Wells:

Donna’s Ranch: Not accessible. Entrance door frame bottom too high. Park close to building. Gravel parking lot surface could be a problem.

Bella’s Hacienda Ranch: Not accessible. Entrance door frame bottom too high. Park close to building. Gravel parking lot surface could be a problem.

Elko:

Inez's D&D: Accessible. Actually two ramps, front door ramp and rear door ramp off parking lot. Was able to get around inside. However, the shower table room was inaccessible because of a step.

Mona's Ranch: Accessible. Front door inaccessible due to steps. However, back door has a ramp which allows one to get inside. You will have access to the kitchen and some of the girl’s rooms. The other girl’s rooms are on the front side of the bar, which are inaccessible due to tight quarters trying to slip past the back of the bar to the front of the bar.

Abby Dixieland pointed out, if a girl’s room wasn’t able to be reached, one of the back side rooms could be used. Also, to gain access to Mona’s, go to Inez's and ask them to show you the back door for Mona’s.

Sue’s Fantasy Club: Accessible. Rooms might be a bit tight, but manageable.

Desert Rose: Not accessible. Entrance door frame bottom too high.

Carlin:

Dovetail Ranch: Not accessible. All entrances have steps.

Sharon’s Bar & Brothel: Not visited, and not sure if open. In past years, inside of facility very tight. Likely not enough room for a wheel chair.

Battle Mountain:

Desert Club: Accessible. They have a very spacious bathroom with a double headed shower. Plenty of room for a shower party. Also, it is easy to get to and into a girl’s room through the living room. Be sure and quiz Vanity Affair about her “wheel chair” parties.

When driving up, back up against the “Handicap Parking” sign to be on solid ground and to avoid any loose gravel. Follow the sidewalk and gentle ramp.

Winnemucca:

All facilities closed, but if they were open, most entrances looked like they had stairs.  Pussy Cat Ranch, Villa Joy and Wild West Saloon are currently closed.

Sparks (Patrick - exit 28):

Mustang Ranch: Accessible. The entrance leads to the bar, which is also has food. Off to the side is a restroom which is also accessible. I assume the ladies restroom is the same. The adjacent room where lineups occur is also spacious. The girls’ rooms are also big enough.

The negotiation rooms are a bit tight and the wheel chair user has to help the girl to know when to zig and when to zag for both to fit. However, there are plenty of other rooms available if needed.

There are bungalow rooms as well, and they are spacious, but watch the door thresholds.

The Mustang Ranch also has rooms where a customer can rent to stay overnight. In that facility, the A wing isle and the rooms where customers normally stay, are too tight and not accessible. However, they have other wings where the isles are wider and the rooms are spacious, including the bathrooms. Make your needs known, and the staff will accommodate.

The Mustang also has security on duty that could assist a customer transfer from a chair to a bed. The same security staff can help you with luggage if you are staying overnight.

The parking lot is all hard surface and easy to go between the two buildings in an electric chair. However, a manual wheel chair will be a bit harder because the buildings are different levels.

Carson City (Mound House):

Sagebrush Ranch: Accessible. The entrance has a ramp to one side of the parking lot that works fine. Once inside, the bar area is spacious, including the bathroom. Also, as Roxy Gold showed me, the isles and girl’s room is also spacious.  (But, with Roxy, the last thing you want is space.  You really want closeness, and she can accommodate.)

Kit Kat Ranch: Accessible. Newly built and easy to get around. Cumisha Amado showed me around including her spacious room. She even has an electric piano in her room and she can play. Cumisha also has a nursing background and is certainly able to assist in a customer transfer between their chair and the bed.

Love Ranch North: Accessible. My initial look at the LRN was a bit disappointed. Getting into the bar area was fine. However, going to the girls’ rooms, I saw steps on one side and a steep ramp on the other side. But, at the LPIN Gathering banquet I talked to Catrina Costa and Desert Rose. They explained that they have had a number of wheel chair customers and were able to work things out, getting people up and down the ramp. One additional point is that any LRN girl could also use a room in the Sagebrush or Kit Kat facilities if need be.

Moonlite Bunny Ranch: Accessible. A ramp is available at the front door. The bar is spacious and the general bathroom accessible. Same for the rooms.

Mina:

Wild Cat Brothel: Accessible? Caution with the gravel parking lot. There is a ramp to the front door and easy to get into the main room. However, when I asked for a tour, I was informed by the manager that they don’t give tours. I don’t know if they have bathroom facilities suitable for a handicap person. I also don’t know about the girls’ rooms, but the closed door entrance looked normal.

Also, caution on the “security” dog. He is friendly. Overly friendly. If you are fragile, and don’t want a 50 lb. dog on your lap (or closer yet) bring a husky friend to “run interference”.

Pahrump Area:

Alien Cathouse: Accessible. Easy to get around. Tour was provided by Taylor Gates. She had just transferred from the LRV and was not fully unpacked, but her room was adequate for my chair. However, for someone needing a bigger room, the ACH has them.

Love Ranch Vegas: Accessible. Easy to get around. Rooms look sufficient, and they have special rooms that have more room if needed. The “peep room” might be a challenge to get into due to small size, but no reason the "peep room" show couldn’t be moved to another room.

Sheri's Ranch: Accessible. Entrance is via the bar with a ramp out front and handicap parking. Next to the bar area is a spacious area for lineups. To negotiate a party, you go to the girl’s room, which is down a spacious, but long hall. The rooms are also spacious. Now, there are some overflow rooms with shared bathrooms that are smaller, but I believe they are still adequate.

Sheri's also has rooms one can rent to stay overnight. One is handicap equipped. However, all those rooms are off to the side of the complex, and a bit of a distance.

Had a discussion with Karli Brooks. She explained to me that they have various handicapped individuals party there. Some come with their caregiver, who sees that the client is transferred from the chair to the bed, waits in the bar during the party, and then comes back to the room to transfer the client back to the wheel chair. Karli also mentioned that Sheri's has a wheel chair on hand in case someone needs some assistance, or the distances are further than they expected. A backup wheel chair is certainly a good idea for any facility, and used ones are relatively cheap.

Sheri's security staff are available to help with luggage.

Chicken Ranch: Accessible. The entrance has a ramp, and the main room is spacious. The facility is older, but I was still able to get around. My tour was conducted by Kandi, including a stop in her room. It was cosy, but adequate for my chair. However, I suspect they could accommodate a larger chair in other rooms.

While Kandi suggested I tour the bar area and their “party” room, I didn’t, but should have. It looked like the bar would be accessible. The “party” room is meant for watching sports events with your buddies. Such a deal. Watch the Saturday afternoon football game, and celebrate the victory with a girl like Kandi.

Notes:

Each disabled person has unique challenges and they can be completely different that the next disabled person. While, for everyone, each party needs to be discussed, with disabled people, even how the party is to progress needs to be discussed. If a girl doesn’t know, make sure they ask the client, or another girl that is experienced in dealing with handicapped people.

Each wheel chair can be different than the next one. Most wheel chairs are meant to come apart without much effort. If you try to assist the person by lifting or pushing a wheelchair, it could come apart and cause the person to be dumped on the ground. Not good. Simple, ask and analyze first, then help.

In summary, the bigger houses and newer houses are more likely to be handicap accessible. The more remote houses likely have little demand for handicap services. One place said I was the first person to show up in a wheel chair in the past 12 years.

My personal experiences with partying have been simple and not complicated. The ladies are very easily able to accommodate the few special requests I have.
ProstiDUDE Ranch Mgr. - the 26 incher
88% of millionaires used hard work, 12% inherited it
404D4F53534144333837

Offline KittiMinx

• Geek Girl & LPIN Supporter
  • Working Girl
  • Hoser Family Member
  • Budget Friendly VIP Service!
    • You Can Haz A Kitti
Re: House Accessibility for Wheel Chairs and Handicap People
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 02:56:10 PM »
+1
For those with vision problems I've noted nearly every brothel being reported as not great for the visually impaired. This is due to the tradition it seems of keeping the places dimly lit whether it's day or night. And for most vision issues the amount of light exposure is important for navigation. To those with normal ranges of eyesight the dim lighting is inconvenient at worst and you might trip on something but you start reaching levels of blindness and you do risk actually walking into things, falling, or getting hurt. I speak as someone who is blind in one eye. I rely on my hearing and sense of touch and after certain times of day I can't see to do fine motor things unless I'm allowed to set up extra light. I bring extra lights to my room for more than decoration, it's so I can see even at night and navigate spaces that aren't my house. I have my house memorized. I joke about the lighting issue a lot because I've accepted the fact that's never going to change but I feel bad for customers who come in with more severe vision issues than I have as the amount of light, which is minimal, severely affects how much you can enjoy the experience.

sexylexiejames

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 03:07:15 PM »
Thanks for doing all the work needed for this post Mr. T-shirt! Sorry we didn't wow you with your tour, I had hoped to show you my room as it is on the ramp side and ladies are always welcome to use it as its got the most maneuverability. The shower is a tub, so not accessible but the room and bathroom are.
Great post!

jadecapri

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 03:24:23 PM »
That is a very well thought and a post that enjoyed reading. Great job MrTshirt!
I have done so many different things when it comes to cater for Handicap individuals.
Yes, any of the houses need to have a more well designed room for visitors that use wheelchair or walk device, from bathrooms to wider doors, showers and more, however, I have alway been able to accommodate my clients from my room downstairs in the past to using the rooms on the side where the ramp is, to use Sagebrush room, to doing outdates to their location. I always found a way to make it happen.

Offline Tobie

• High Roller
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 04:38:46 PM »
Dang Mr T-Shirt...you and the 26 incher got around this year! 

FredT

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 05:14:16 PM »
Any way the Borg could get this post pinned or set somewhere permanently?   Great information!

Borg2

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 06:17:51 PM »
Yes it can Fred.  Mr.TShirt, this is very good information and thank you for the effort to get it done.

Offline Kevinz0071

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 09:51:16 PM »
+1
As a Disabled person in a wheelchair this is very helpful
Been on this board 8 years and some people still need to grow up
Some of you need to learn forum rules 6 & 7
Cyber tough guys make me lol

Offline highdrive

• Hoser Family Member
  • "I knew I was not magnificent"
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2017, 11:32:28 PM »
I did see Sharon's. It's open Sep 1-April 1, the owner told me, and it's not a "bed and breakfast" but rather a "bar and brothel," despite the sign outside that says "B&B."

But they close during the summer apparently.

Is it accessible? Well, it's a pretty small place, like MrTShirt said, so I'd be careful about it...
HD

Offline RoxyGold

• Working Girl
  • Hoser Family Member
  • Girl With the Golden Touch
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2017, 07:29:15 PM »
This is great info and very detailed! Thank you for putting it all together, MrTshirt. I'm very grateful to have been able to accommodate you, and again, my sincerest apologies for needing the front doors reframed to fit the 26 incher:)
Courtesan of the Year 2018
Available at Mona’s Ranch in Elko
Twitter @missroxygold

And the girl in the corner said Boy, I wanna warn you it’ll turn into a Ballroom Blitz

Offline hikingguy2013

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2017, 07:40:42 PM »
Ely:

Big 4-Has a High bumpy curb not very accessible.
Stardust Ranch-Flat level sidewalk easy to access.

Road to both a little bumpy though.

Offline Kevinz0071

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2017, 09:42:43 AM »
As a person in a wheelchair I agree for the most part the brothels I go to are accessible. Though I would suggest that if the ladies room at LRN is down the stairs they should be able to use a different room. On the ramp side of the house. Maybe have an unassigned room close to the ramp for the handicapped guests.
Been on this board 8 years and some people still need to grow up
Some of you need to learn forum rules 6 & 7
Cyber tough guys make me lol

Offline MrTShirt

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2018, 01:11:17 PM »
I toured the houses during 2018 Banquet Week, and wanted to give an update.

Bellas
I was able to get inside the house, and toured around.  Some rooms would be large enough to get a wheelchair in.

Dovetail Ranch
The side door into the kitchen/laundry room is flat enough for a wheelchair.  The one room I went into I could go in, but not turn around.  Still, a party would likely be possible.  A larger wheelchair may be problematic.

General Comments
The larger houses are generally better able to accommodate a handicap person.

Crystal, at the Dovetail Ranch, and Cumisha, at the Kit Kat, are experienced with dealing with handicap people.  Other ladies, maybe, but likely not.

About 50% of the houses have toilet facilities you can use.  In some cases my cut down walker (The Mustang) makes the toilet usable.  Otherwise, forget it.  However, some cases, like the Sagebrush Ranch, that while the toilet in the gust room is not usable, the toilet in the bar area is accessible.

Don't expect to shower before or after a party.  The showers in the houses are not accessible.  The only exception is the Desert Club.  They have an accessible toilet and roll-in shower.

Sheris Ranch has rental guest rooms, of which one is (mostly) handicap accessible.  The Mustang Ranch rental guest room area is under renovation, so we will see later.
ProstiDUDE Ranch Mgr. - the 26 incher
88% of millionaires used hard work, 12% inherited it
404D4F53534144333837

Offline Mr jewels

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2019, 09:32:57 AM »
  It sounds like most every courtesan in nevada. Will enjoy the pleasure of your. Full 26 inches one way or another😋🐰
  your doing a great service for many a client above average in there needs SIR !
   AS A FELLOW MONGER I am genuinely proud to say I am super proud we are in the same clan SIR 😌
  RESPECTFULLY
  MR JEWELS😎

Offline NavySteve

• High Roller
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2019, 11:40:15 AM »
Recent party at the Mustang Ranch: Rachel took me to a room with a walk in shower with a shower chair. Room set aside for her as she knew I used a cane and needed help.