Author Topic: Chicken Ranch - Credit Card surcharge  (Read 1074 times)

Offline Glennster

• Hoser Family Member
Chicken Ranch - Credit Card surcharge
« on: October 04, 2017, 05:04:37 AM »
The CR now adds a 4% surcharge to all credit card activities for their new POS equipment.

Offline Ironman

• Hoser Family Member
Re: Chicken Ranch - Credit Card surcharge
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 06:57:14 AM »
+1
Credit cards in a brothel bad Idea anyway especially if your card only allows a percentage uses for cash. 9 times out of 10 the brothel will run it against your cash advance line which also.has a higher Interest rate. This is not a huge problem if your entire credit line can be used as cash. But if your card limits your cash line be careful.

Cash in the brothels no matter which one it is whenever possible while limiting your budget some is always best. 8)

Offline Dr. Who

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 10:39:39 AM »
The CR now adds a 4% surcharge to all credit card activities for their new POS equipment.
Years ago, the CR had a surcharge when using credit cards, then they dropped it when their customers started complaining.  Perhaps 4% may not seem like much to some folks, but for me it's more about the principle behind it ...even Sheri's next door and the other southern Hof houses don't tack on surcharges.

Offline highdrive

• Hoser Family Member
  • "I knew I was not magnificent"
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 06:20:41 PM »
+1
MR (if you’re a forum member) and Hof and Dovetail and I believe the Elko brothels (if you’re a forum member?) charge no surcharge.

Too bad CR is undergoing such a drastic change.

Offline Ironman

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 06:45:42 PM »
MR (if you’re a forum member) and Hof and Dovetail and I believe the Elko brothels (if you’re a forum member?) charge no surcharge.

Too bad CR is undergoing such a drastic change.

They shouldn't.be charging an Extra charge anyway, and not everyone likes to advertise who they are online.

Actually  a bit off topic but in the Case of CR they are if I am not mistaken the only large brothel with out their own house Forum. So CR can't even adopt that Practice.

Offline COH

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 07:43:46 PM »
Credit cards in a brothel bad Idea anyway especially if your card only allows a percentage uses for cash. 9 times out of 10 the brothel will run it against your cash advance line which also.has a higher Interest rate. This is not a huge problem if your entire credit line can be used as cash. But if your card limits your cash line be careful.

Cash in the brothels no matter which one it is whenever possible while limiting your budget some is always best. 8)

Like it!

Cash On Hand

;)
Because Madam Tara and Madam Jennifer mistreat, bully, wanting to control numerous people; I stopped visiting the Mustang Ranch.  Therefore, can no longer recommend this business.

Offline Elkogfe

• Brothel Owner / Employee
  • Hoser Family Member
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2017, 09:01:31 PM »
Ironman,

This is untrue at Mona’s or Inez’s in Elko.  It is always a regular transaction.

Thx
Louis

Offline KittiMinx

• Geek Girl & LPIN Supporter
  • Working Girl
  • Hoser Family Member
  • Budget Friendly VIP Service!
    • You Can Haz A Kitti
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2017, 05:25:14 AM »
I can only say from the perspective as a business owner - I get why businesses choose to do the surcharges with card transactions. Depending on the company a business goes through to be able to process card payments - it can cost the business itself a chunk of change and takes its own percentage out of the transaction itself (depending on the processing company). So some businesses add on the surcharge to compensate for the percentage the processing company takes out from transactions if the company doesn't charge the business separately to utilize their services. Businesses choosing to wave it for certain people is really them doing a favor and eating some costs and of course they'll do it for regular customers or customers they have good faith in.  Of course businesses don't have to do the surcharge thing and just eat the costs, but businesses also want to make money. And it all depends on the companies working with the businesses to process card transactions and how high their fees are. Some companies are more lenient and forgiving than others.

When I take commissions for my art and design work if a customer wants to pay with credit card to process the payment the company I work with takes their own percentage of what's charged. I do my best to find work arounds but if a customer is dead set on paying a certain way I disclose that I have to tack on an extra few dollars for the charge so I'm still fully compensated for my work. As art/design commissions are rarely a business where you get the same person regularly seeking out your services though if someone wants multiple pieces done at once I cut them breaks that way. On the flip side, when I see my regular hairdresser because I see her all the time when I pay with card she chooses to not tack on the surcharge for the card processing because I'm a regular customer and guaranteed future business for her.

If you don't want to worry about potential surcharges cash is best.

Offline Ironman

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2017, 06:39:03 AM »
Ironman,

This is untrue at Mona’s or Inez’s in Elko.  It is always a regular transaction.

Thx
Louis

Like I said 9 times out of 10 you are the exception. Not the norm. 8)

Offline bones

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2017, 08:44:45 AM »
I'll give you a tad of info on this idea of being charged extra for using a card. Seems during the last few years by how the congress passed bills dealing with banking/finance they caused them to find different ways to pay for operations, so to cover those expenses they had to start charging fees on other items. One such is credit cards now the merchants now are paying the costs by either absorbing it or passing it along as extra charge to the customer (a few pennies/gallon of gas say for card vs. cash) showing it directly at the sale. I found this out recently by asking a local merchant why his card price was higher than cash.

So put some of the blame on the past admin and congress for this, in their fevered rush to do anything without fully finding out what it would do.