Author Topic: Brazilian Brothels  (Read 7477 times)

goldie

Brazilian Brothels
« on: November 06, 2010, 07:47:04 PM »
My husband and I are in Rio de Janeiro for the week -- doing all kinds of touristy things. We had planned to include a brothel visit --brothels are legal here, and at least according to reputation have in general a very high caliber of working lady.

We have a local host -- a close friend of someone we know very well in the U.S. He's been wonderful, and took us to all kinds of places. He was going to take us to the brothel yesterday afternoon -- so we were all set, BOB in my purse, and at the very last minute told us that the brothel we were planning to go to used to allow couples as patrons, but stopped the practice  :(  He said our only options were a swing club (no fun when you don't speak the language).

So no brothels for us in Brazil. I then proceeded to get such a bad sunburn that no one is touching me for several days  :'(  Told the esposa the only nookie he was gonna get was to go to a brothel by himself, but he won't....

Guess we'll have to wait for Winterfest!

Goldie

Offline Hiking Guy

• Hoser Family Member
  • Hey, I'm finally a Hoser Family Member!
Re: Brazilian Brothels
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 08:12:24 PM »
My husband and I are in Rio de Janeiro for the week -- doing all kinds of touristy things. We had planned to include a brothel visit --brothels are legal here, and at least according to reputation have in general a very high caliber of working lady.

We have a local host -- a close friend of someone we know very well in the U.S. He's been wonderful, and took us to all kinds of places. He was going to take us to the brothel yesterday afternoon -- so we were all set, BOB in my purse, and at the very last minute told us that the brothel we were planning to go to used to allow couples as patrons, but stopped the practice  :(  He said our only options were a swing club (no fun when you don't speak the language).

So no brothels for us in Brazil. I then proceeded to get such a bad sunburn that no one is touching me for several days  :'(  Told the esposa the only nookie he was gonna get was to go to a brothel by himself, but he won't....

Guess we'll have to wait for Winterfest!

Goldie

Goldie,

Wow!  No nookie for "esposa" until Winterfest???
What does he think about that?

The Hiking Guy
ps: try to have fun despite your sunburn. I, all to well, know what that's like.

shooter

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 08:28:18 PM »
Esposa: ;)

goldie

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 08:29:45 PM »

Goldie,

Wow!  No nookie for "esposa" until Winterfest???
What does he think about that?

The Hiking Guy
ps: try to have fun despite your sunburn. I, all to well, know what that's like.

Oh yikes, no...I'm sure he'll get lucky before Winterfest!!  I meant if he wants nookie in the next few days...it's not gonna be from me!!!! I am bright red like a lobster  :(

I meant probably no brothels til Winterfest...

We were especially looking forward to brothel hopping here because price point is significantly less...approx $150 USD per hour!!!! Oh well, somehow I was a little suspicious that lady customers wouldn't be welcomed...I'm sure we're no all that common in the US

Goldie

goldie

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 08:31:21 PM »
Esposa: ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Actually he's pretty sunburned too...

SIDEWINDER

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, 09:20:10 PM »
Be careful out there. I understand Brazil can be an unsafe place, especially after dark. I once read an article about it being so dangerous with car jackings after dark, they advised people not to stop for red lights after dark unless there was cross traffic.

BTW: How's your Portuguese?

Offline georoc01

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 04:51:33 AM »
Gee, it sounds like the type of warning the rest of the world gets about US cities.

Rio is a large city. Just like say Los Angeles, there are neighborhoods you don't want to be in after dark.

The challenge as a tourist is knowing where is safe, and where it isn't. But it sounds like Goldie has a local guide which really helps.

Offline Interested bystander

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010, 06:31:31 AM »
I've been seriously considering going to Rio for either the World Cup in 2014 or the Olympics in 2016.  I would love to hear about your experience there.

goldie

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2010, 08:31:30 AM »
I've been seriously considering going to Rio for either the World Cup in 2014 or the Olympics in 2016.  I would love to hear about your experience there.

Love it! And just like georoc1 says...it's a big city, so you just have to be wise! I'd stay away from red lights in the favella at 2:00 a.m., just as I would in South Central LA or Harlem or D street and MLK in Vegas! Otherwise, we've been pub crawling, to the beach, to the "hippie fair" and walked for miles...no muggings yet!  Will tell you all about it at Winterfest...but the people are sooo friendly, area is gorgeous...we've been up the cable cards to Sugar Loaf, awesome views....the Cristo on Tuesday.

Expecting to hit chat tonite as it will be 11:00 p.m. for us.

Goldie

SIDEWINDER

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2010, 09:47:22 AM »

Oh come on IB, you just like those big Brazilian butts on their women ::)

BTW: I do too :D

Ice-Storm

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2010, 10:08:14 AM »
Looking forward to hearing more goldie as it sounds intriguing. There's unsafe cities all over, and as long as you don't carry too much cash on you, you are generally okay.

Voyeur

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2010, 12:29:58 PM »
Gee, it sounds like the type of warning the rest of the world gets about US cities.

Rio is a large city. Just like say Los Angeles, there are neighborhoods you don't want to be in after dark.

The challenge as a tourist is knowing where is safe, and where it isn't. But it sounds like Goldie has a local guide which really helps.

The Brazilian Grand Prix was this weekend. Driver Jensen Button's car was attacked by robbers with machine guns (!) as he left the circuit after qualifying yesterday. Another team had several engineers robbed at gunpoint.

SIDEWINDER

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2010, 02:55:22 PM »
Yep, that's the samething as I've been reading. The streets of Brazil have been taken over by gangs and criminals. A friend of mine visited Costa Rica and he said it's relatively safe during the day but that's due to police standing on the corners with machine guns :D

I couldn't think of a better reason to control the borders then what is happening in Mexico and South America.

goldie

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2010, 04:35:56 PM »
Yep, that's the samething as I've been reading. The streets of Brazil have been taken over by gangs and criminals. A friend of mine visited Costa Rica and he said it's relatively safe during the day but that's due to police standing on the corners with machine guns :D

I couldn't think of a better reason to control the borders then what is happening in Mexico and South America.

Well hell, here we are, and we were out walking around all day...of course Brazil is a big country...so maybe something ugly happening somewhere else, but biz as usual in the Copacabana, Ipamena, and Lebron sections of Rio de Janeiro!

FredT

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2010, 05:59:21 PM »
The last time that we paid any attention to the "dangers" of a big city was in 1972 when I spent a summer in Argentina.  Many frantic phone calls later, I learned that the US press was running almost daily reports of kidnappings, bombings, murders, and worse.   It was the most beautiful, calm, relaxed summer I have ever seen in BA.