Author Topic: House Accessibility for Wheel Chairs and Handicap People  (Read 8711 times)

Offline cumishaamado

• Working Girl
  • Lookie-Loo
  • GFE, PSE, Role Play, 2-Girl Party, Out Date & More
    • www.sagebrushranch.com
Re: House Accessibility for Wheel Chairs and Handicap People
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2019, 06:36:08 PM »
Thanks Mr. T Shirt for mentioning me in your post!!!  Have a "Happy Holidays"!!!  I am now "Featuring at Love Ranch North".

Hugs & Kisses,
Cumisha Amado :) :) :) :)

BOOKING INFO:   (775) 246-5683 Ext. 0
TWITTER:  @MabuhayMahal

Offline Jamie_Jupiter

• Couch Lint
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2023, 07:34:42 PM »
Hi, Mr TShirt! I'm thinking about how we can best accommodate here at Dovetail. The back door only has a lip and is wide enough. We have plywood we can set over the gravel if the ground is muddy. Both entrance doors are wide enough to fit a large chair through. Once inside, the bedroom doors are standard 30" width. Our ladies are able to help with navigation. If you're interested in spending time with a specific lady, it's a good idea to message with her to communicate your needs and how she can best give you an amazing experience. One of the things I can do is give extra time.
XOXO, Jamie
Jamiejupiter@loveranch.net

Offline MrTShirt

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2023, 12:44:43 AM »
Hi, Mr TShirt! I'm thinking about how we can best accommodate here at Dovetail. The back door only has a lip and is wide enough. We have plywood we can set over the gravel if the ground is muddy. Both entrance doors are wide enough to fit a large chair through. Once inside, the bedroom doors are standard 30" width. Our ladies are able to help with navigation. If you're interested in spending time with a specific lady, it's a good idea to message with her to communicate your needs and how she can best give you an amazing experience. One of the things I can do is give extra time.

Thank you for inquiring.

Going from memory, the front door threshold and the outside platform are at the same level.  The issue is that the platform is a step higher than the ground, so most electric wheelchairs can not jump up and onto the platform.

Also, when "autographed" rocks were placed around the edge of the platform on all three sides, it would be hopeless even for the larger wheeled manual wheelchair.  Plus, for anyone using a cane or crutches, the rocks would easily cause them to trip, fall and break a bone.  (Bad publicity and a big lawsuit.)

I had spoken to Mike (the Dovetail owner) (two or three years ago) and he said he was planning on putting an asphalt pad next to the platform for motorcycle customers which could be large enough to accommodate some handicap car parking.  Plus, the pad could be high enough to match the height of the front door platform, meaning no step.

I don't believe that has happened.

I have gotten inside the Dovetail via the back door.  Staff used a long rug to help "smooth out" the door high threshold.  A couple of wooden 2x4s with one long edge tapered to zero would work better.  The bigger issue is the gravel surface.  Any gravel or sand surface is very iffy for any wheelchair tire.  Being able to walk on such a surface is no test for narrow tires.  If the wheelchair gets stuck, the first thing helpful strangers try to do is grab any part of the wheelchair, and find the chair is built to come apart.  The second thing they find is that they have ripped apart the cabling to the electronics, and the chair is dead, and the person is stranded, totally stranded.

Regarding the bedrooms, I believe they are (barely) big enough.  A 30 inch door is big enough for some wheelchairs (including mine - 24 inches) but not all wheelchairs.  Also certainly the bar area is spacious for everyone.

Taking a shower is impossible as well as using the toilet.  (Can I pee outside and have everyone else look the other way?) :)

ProstiDUDE Ranch Mgr. - the 26 incher
88% of millionaires used hard work, 12% inherited it
404D4F53534144333837