Author Topic: Project Neon  (Read 536 times)

Offline Glennster

• Hoser Family Member
Project Neon
« on: May 26, 2018, 03:55:52 AM »
What is the current status of the I-15 and US-95 reconfiguration?  I believe that this is part of the massive Project Neon that has been under construction for almost a year.

If the intersection is very bad, would it be better to take NV-160 to US-95 through Pahrump?

Offline Dr. Who

• Hoser Family Member
Re: Project Neon
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 09:56:17 AM »
I was in Vegas earlier this week, but I only took I-15 as far as downtown.  That whole area is a mess with the construction, especially if you happen to hit rush hour traffic.  There were some lane diversions and lane closures while I was out there, but it's an ongoing process so you have to check the latest reports each day.

NDOT has a site for Project Neon with the current traffic alerts/closures and maps...
http://ndotprojectneon.com/know/traffic-alerts/

I didn't get a chance to drive out to Pahrump/Crystal, since this was mostly a business trip.  Although, I did have some free time to see some shows and drive out to Red Rock via I-15 to NV-160 which was clear sailing without any roadwork going on.

Offline Prospector Bob

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 10:17:21 AM »
Looks like Nevada & New Mexico are a lot alike. Seems the state tree for both states is the orange barrel. In NM either I-40 or I-25 are consistently undergoing some sort of rework somewhere within the state. Here in my home town I have to negotiate through a widening/on/off ramp improvement zone on I-25 everyday on my way to work during rush hour. It sure is a PITA!  ::)

Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by the delusional illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline ChicagoBob

• Horn Dog
  • Hoser Family Member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 04:03:14 PM »
Isn't that reconfiguration a part of the new Interstate 11 that will connect Phoenix and Reno?
History will absolve me

Twitter@ChicagoBob6969

Offline Glennster

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 03:06:31 PM »
The I-15 / US-95 intersection was a mess this week.  To complicate the scenario, NDOT is currently raising the road elevation between Crystal and Pahrump.

Offline Sonja

• Hoser Family Member
  • Point your erection in my direction.
    • Love Ranch Vegas
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 08:05:24 PM »
The I-15 / US-95 intersection was a mess this week.  To complicate the scenario, NDOT is currently raising the road elevation between Crystal and Pahrump.

Frustrating.  But I was on it yesterday and not so horrifying.