Author Topic: I80 Corridor Road Trip  (Read 518 times)

Arzach

I80 Corridor Road Trip
« on: June 15, 2018, 07:44:03 AM »
+2
Hi everyone. First time poster here after lurking from way back in the paranoia days.

I’m taking a road trip along I80 next weekend, and had a couple of very basic questions to throw out to the crowd:

1) Try as I might I can’t find the hours for the kitchen at the Mustang. I assume they are open for breakfast at normal breakfast-y hours (say, 7 in the morning) but can anyone confirm?

2) Also figuring since it’s a major highway that speed traps are not really a concern, not like 95 or other, smaller roads. Any advice or confirmation of assumptions?

I’ve only ever been as Far East on that road as Exit 28  (for reasons that in context should be pretty obvious), but this trip I’m hoping to not only see a bunch of new landscapes but also maybe stop in at Elko and Carlin at least.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 07:52:13 AM by Arzach »

Inezs_Elko

Re: I80 Corridor Road Trip
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 01:00:02 PM »
If you are stopping in Elko, stop in at Inez's and say hi! :)

Offline MrTShirt

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 01:04:14 PM »
It is best to call the Mustang Ranch.
I know Sheris (near Vegas) serves food, but it is noon and supper, not breakfast (unless you stayed overnight).
The MR might be similar.
ProstiDUDE Ranch Mgr. - the 26 incher
88% of millionaires used hard work, 12% inherited it
404D4F53534144333837

Offline highdrive

• Hoser Family Member
  • "I knew I was not magnificent"
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 11:45:35 PM »
I've done this road trip many times, with and without many friends. It's a very "high" drive in the mountains! (Not compared to like Utah or Colorado tho...)

The kitchen is usually open for breakfast not terribly early (I've had breakfast on weekends at like 10), and open for dinner not terribly late (sometimes they say 7, sometimes 9 pm, for closing the kitchen.) But yes, call them and they'll have a better idea than I will.

Speed traps? Just be on the lookout. It's easy for cops to be hiding in medians or in other places where you least expect it. But I've definitely driven 80-90 mph on that highway. Then I regretted it, as I had to replace my belts and alternator in St. Louis...

Elko, Carlin, and Wells are worth stopping by!!
HD

Offline raving loon

• Hoser Family Member
  • Proudly driving the sane, crazy
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2018, 11:51:32 AM »
The Mustang does serve breakfast as I've had breakfast there without staying or partying at the time. Not sure what time they open up exactly, but definitely by 9am they were serving it. Can't really comment though on the I-80 Drive past past Exit 28 as I haven't done so yet.

Offline Bigfoot

• Regular
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2018, 05:04:15 PM »
If I remember correctly the Mustang kitchen has different hours on the weekends compared to the rest of the week

Arzach

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2018, 06:43:49 AM »
Thanks for the intel everyone.

Anna, I will be stopping in at Inez’s. Looking forward to it.