Author Topic: Ely Brothels  (Read 39704 times)

Midwest Man

Ely Brothels
« on: December 15, 2010, 09:39:28 PM »
I was wondering if anyone has any current info on Ely.  I have never been and wouldn't mind incorporating a trip there on my next road trip in the spring.  Thank you.

Offline OldFatMan

• Hoser Family Member
  • The waist is a terrible thing to mind.
Re: Ely Brothels
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 12:27:55 PM »
There are two brothels open and they are across the street from one another. The Big 4 http://www.bigfourranch.com/ is open 24/7 and the Stardust http://thestardustranch.com/ is open from 11AM to 2AM. The lineup is hit or miss and usually small. The ladies working at the Big 4 also work at the VIP Spa which is next door.

One of the nice things about Ely is there is no buzzer ringing to get inside. Just walk into the bar and have a drink. If you are interested in meeting the ladies they will call a lineup.

A couple of other things to do in the area ... the Nevada Northern Railway http://nevadanorthernrailway.net/ is in town and the Great Basin National Park http://www.nps.gov/grba/index.htm is about 60 miles away.

SIDEWINDER

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 02:02:41 PM »
And if all else fails, you can always go over to Jerry's Restaurant right in front of Raley's and have Pancakes and coffee. Taste pretty good in the winter when it's in the 20's outside in Ely.

Fromwyo

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 03:06:46 PM »
I was out there a few weeks ago.  Both ranches were open.  The Stardust only had one working girl on shift.  The Big 4 had one working girl at the bar and another working at the V.I.P. Spa next door.  Both ranches is on the west side of town off of U.S. 50.  
I usually stay and eat at the Ramada Inn or the Bristlecone Motel (both are on Great Basin Blvd across the street from each other.)

edited - ranches is on the west side of town.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 03:39:24 PM by Fromwyo »

Pat

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 03:33:42 PM »
This is the last time I was in Ely(2003) Below is how I discribed it on my 1st Brothel tour web page. I have also attached 2 pics from when I was there. one of the Green lantern and one of Big4. From what I have read it is much better today.

Pat

Ely is located in the South Eastern part of Nevada. The Brothels are located in the West side of downtown Ely, on 2nd and High St.

When I was there in April 2003 thier was only 1 Brothel operational..That was The Stardust. Since then I have heard but can't confirmm that 2 other Brothels have opened. Unless some dramatic changes have been made since that time. I would not expect to have very many choices in Ely. It's a good drive from just about any major part of Nevada. Unless you were going to be out that direction, I would not recommend making the trip just to go to a Brothel

Fromwyo

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 03:37:56 PM »
Thanks Pat.   I don't know why I said east side of town.

Midwest Man

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010, 07:40:36 PM »
Thanks for the information/suggestions everyone.  Ely looks like a cool little town that I think I would like.  I certainly won't drive there just for the brothels as I'm sure there isn't a ton of selection.  If nothing else, it will break up the monotony of the Elko trip.

Offline Rand McNally

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2010, 08:42:35 PM »
I'd refer you to the pertinent material in the report linked below. Nothing had changed when I visited last month.

http://www.sex-in-nevada.net/lpin/reviews/text/0321.html

In my experience, the Elko County houses offer far more options at more competitive prices.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 09:00:56 PM by Rand McNally »

Offline Interested bystander

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2010, 09:18:41 PM »
This thread put an idea or two in my head so I'll just throw this out there and see if I can get anyone to climb onboard.   Every house is different and operates differently.  Even those of us that have been going to the houses for a long time don't always know what to expect when visiting a house we've never been to before.  Is it lineup only?  If it's a parlor house and I just get a drink will there be girls to talk to?  With this in mind I would like to see if I can put together a directory of the houses with descriptions written by customers.   I would like to see if I can get some knowledgeable volunteers to provide me with descriptions of houses they are familiar with and how they operate.  I'm not interested in opinions (e.g. - this is a great house with cool girls) but only with facts (e.g. - you must choose from a lineup...there is no bar).  The more factual details that can be included the better and pics would be great.  If any of you would like to take part in a project like this please e-mail me at ib1@nvbell.net and we can see what we can put together.

Midwest Man

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2010, 09:22:35 PM »
I would be happy to participate, IB.  I will email you shortly with this topic in the subject line.

Offline bones

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2010, 10:05:27 AM »
Pat the Greenlanter has been closed for many years now. The others have gone through periods of being closed and then reopened. But at least one house was open.

The two houses aren't across the street from each other OFM but offset by about half a block. The Stardust is almost directly at the north end of 2nd street and High Street, while the Big 4 is mid block between 1st and 2nd on the south side of High Street.

Last I was there the Stardust had been repainted a different color outside and there was by the owner mention of more inside work planned. But the girls rooms had all been fixed and done in separate themes.

Ely is a fun place and I like it for the no buzzer deal to enter and lack of pressure, if you want a lineup fine ask for it but they don't push you to have one. The paintings in the Big 4 are fun to study and look at and worth the effort spend time seeing. Its not uncommon to find locals stoping for a drink in the late afternoon and just visiting like a local bar, and by the websites each offers a happy hour match with the other local bars. I've had fun visiting and talking with the locals during visits find out many things about the area to see and do not mentioned in travel materials.

Sure the lineups are small and can be spotty but I've also found some real gems and received service of top level quality.

SIDEWINDER

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2010, 11:14:15 AM »
Pat the Greenlanter has been closed for many years now. The others have gone through periods of being closed and then reopened. But at least one house was open.

The two houses aren't across the street from each other OFM but offset by about half a block. The Stardust is almost directly at the north end of 2nd street and High Street, while the Big 4 is mid block between 1st and 2nd on the south side of High Street.

Last I was there the Stardust had been repainted a different color outside and there was by the owner mention of more inside work planned. But the girls rooms had all been fixed and done in separate themes.

Ely is a fun place and I like it for the no buzzer deal to enter and lack of pressure, if you want a lineup fine ask for it but they don't push you to have one. The paintings in the Big 4 are fun to study and look at and worth the effort spend time seeing. Its not uncommon to find locals stoping for a drink in the late afternoon and just visiting like a local bar, and by the websites each offers a happy hour match with the other local bars. I've had fun visiting and talking with the locals during visits find out many things about the area to see and do not mentioned in travel materials.

Sure the lineups are small and can be spotty but I've also found some real gems and received service of top level quality.

[/quote]

Oh come on Bones, Across the street or down the street, you can still easily see one brothel while standing in front of the other or in other words, close enough.

BTW: I was in Green Lantern several years ago and this big cat walked all the way down the center of the bar and stopped right in front of me and just stared at me. The bartender said don't pet him or you'll be sorry. After awhile, I reached out ready to pull my hand back if the cat attaked me. I slowly started to pet him and I could hear him start to purr. The bartender said you had to go and pet him, now you have a problem. I asked what and the barternder said, if you leave him alone, he'll just leave and go find a place to sleep but if you pet him, you'll never get rid of him.

The bartender was right
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 11:15:59 AM by SIDEWINDER »

Offline OldFatMan

• Hoser Family Member
  • The waist is a terrible thing to mind.
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2010, 11:18:36 AM »
The two houses aren't across the street from each other OFM but offset by about half a block.

Close enough to qualify as being across the street from each other for me.

SIDEWINDER

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2010, 11:29:29 AM »
They're on opposite sides of the street. Across from each other? No but close enough. I'm sure anyone going to Ely would not have a problem figuring it out.

Offline bones

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2010, 10:25:42 AM »
sidewinder and OFM sure they are close, I was just trying to present an accurate idea as to distance and valid location along the street. Like the Greenlantern is located on High Street on the corner with 1st Street. This then has Greenlantern and Big 4 on the south side and Stardust on the north side of High Street, with the lantern being the western end and Stardust the estern end of the redlight area in Ely. But you have to agree the distance between means you can't exit the door at one and just cross the street and enter the other; a half block (normal size ones) is roughly 200+ feet.