Author Topic: Happy National Thrift Shop Day!  (Read 269 times)

Offline georoc01

• Hoser Family Member
Happy National Thrift Shop Day!
« on: August 17, 2018, 07:19:13 AM »
https://nationaldaycalendar.com/national-thrift-shop-day-august-17/

Sidewinders big holiday..Good luck finding those old radios and LPs today Sidey!

SIDEWINDER

Re: Happy National Thrift Shop Day!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 03:49:34 PM »
Not much left to find. Since the new tax system kicked in, people are no longer donating like they once did and it's difficult if not impossible to find good stereo equipment, Tube Radios or antiques.  So bad places such as Goodwill are now buying 2nds from wholesale  sellers on large scale to resell.   

smoothpate

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 09:01:23 AM »
Not much left to find. Since the new tax system kicked in, people are no longer donating like they once did and it's difficult if not impossible to find good stereo equipment, Tube Radios or antiques.  So bad places such as Goodwill are now buying 2nds from wholesale  sellers on large scale to resell.

I don't know about other people, but the tax system has NEVER been a factor when I decide to donate items to the Salvation Army, Goodwill, etc. In fact, I've never taken the deduction for my donations.

What is the determining factor between donating items or selling them is whether it's worth my time to try and sell them.

SIDEWINDER

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2018, 10:56:27 AM »

I don't know about other people, but the tax system has NEVER been a factor when I decide to donate items to the Salvation Army, Goodwill, etc. In fact, I've never taken the deduction for my donations.

What is the determining factor between donating items or selling them is whether it's worth my time to try and sell them.

Me neither but to many, it is a big factor.