Author Topic: How will Hof's business change..if any?  (Read 4572 times)

Offline Jack Rackham

• Hoser Family Member
How will Hof's business change..if any?
« on: October 17, 2018, 07:00:30 AM »
I'm sure this is on the minds of many. Dennis Hof's personality was soooo ingrained in his business. This is an understatement.

Will Madam Suzette make the business more hers? If so, how? Will she be less of a show person than Dennis?

I also wonder if continuing the "Dennis Hof brand" is an integral part of the business arrangement of transferring ownership. Maybe she would be limited in the way she could actually change things?

What do you think? Any insider information here?

JR

Offline Wildfire

• Hoser Family Member
Re: How will Hof's business change..if any?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 07:42:40 AM »
I'm sure this is on the minds of many. Dennis Hof's personality was soooo ingrained in his business. This is an understatement.

Will Madam Suzette make the business more hers? If so, how? Will she be less of a show person than Dennis?

I also wonder if continuing the "Dennis Hof brand" is an integral part of the business arrangement of transferring ownership. Maybe she would be limited in the way she could actually change things?

What do you think? Any insider information here?

JR

If she is was not on the license already I think the county would close them.   But if she was and I think she was on the license. I could see her saleing all but The Bunny Ranch.
But there is still a vote next month.  So she may not get a choice in the matter.

SIDEWINDER

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 07:42:49 AM »
+1
I think it's too soon to know or think anything.  A lot hinges on what each county decides to do with the change of ownership.  Also, there's still a vote coming up on whether to keep the brothels or not in the Mound House area. I'm sure the counties will be meeting with lawyers and discussing their options on what to do in the near future with the passing of Hof and the eventual ownership change. Also until the will is certified, nothing changes hands.  It might take awhile for everything to get sorted out. 

Offline hirohito

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 08:12:09 AM »
+3
This will have an impact on who votes in the election. The anti-brothel crowd lost its antagonist.

AliceLittle

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2018, 08:30:58 AM »
+13
The media has stated that madam Suzette is on the licenses. Out of respect to those mourning, could we please try to keep the speculation to a minimum? I’m sure we will all know more over the next few days, as things begin to calm down.

What would Dennis want? He’d want us ladies to take a deep breath, process our feelings, and then be there to support each other, continue fighting the brothel ban, and be there for those that need companionship while processing their grief. That is exactly what we will do.

Offline Jack Rackham

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2018, 09:07:39 AM »
+1
The media has stated that madam Suzette is on the licenses. Out of respect to those mourning, could we please try to keep the speculation to a minimum? I’m sure we will all know more over the next few days, as things begin to calm down.

What would Dennis want? He’d want us ladies to take a deep breath, process our feelings, and then be there to support each other, continue fighting the brothel ban, and be there for those that need companionship while processing their grief. That is exactly what we will do.

Points well taken. Thanks, Alice.

Offline cronuswalker

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2018, 09:27:20 AM »

Words well spoken. While the flag is at half mast, we need to respect all the workers and people involved and give them our love, support, and grieving space. Dennis may be getting a lot of "Rest in Peace", but I'd be willing to bet where ever he is he's raising cain, having the most fun in his life, and smoking his favorite cigars..... So for Dennis, may he be wherever he wanted in the end, be it Heaven or Vallhalla or whatever.

Offline Q

• Administrator
  • Hoser Family Member
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2018, 09:34:00 AM »
Yes... What Alice said.

Q

Offline Kevinz0071

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2018, 10:43:14 AM »

Well said Alice
Been on this board 8 years and some people still need to grow up
Some of you need to learn forum rules 6 & 7
Cyber tough guys make me lol

Offline Pokertime

• Lookie-Loo
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2018, 10:56:02 AM »
+1
It appears that Hof was the only one on the license in Nye County, which  just said it shut down LRV.

"Nye County spokesman says the Love Ranch South has been closed, license rescinded after the death of sole licenseholder Dennis Hof yesterday."

Source: https://twitter.com/MichelleRindels/status/1052601789453750272

Offline MrTShirt

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2018, 11:34:50 AM »
It appears that Hof was the only one on the license in Nye County, which  just said it shut down LRV.

"Nye County spokesman says the Love Ranch South has been closed, license rescinded after the death of sole licenseholder Dennis Hof yesterday."

Source: https://twitter.com/MichelleRindels/status/1052601789453750272

Interesting business license.

Most businesses would continue operating based on the estate process, and let matters slowly work through the legal process while operations continue.

Another sign that a brothel is not treated like a regular business.

(Actually, a lawsuit could be made of this situation and get a judge ruling that the license continues until the estate is settled (or other disqualifying events occur).
ProstiDUDE Ranch Mgr. - the 26 incher
88% of millionaires used hard work, 12% inherited it
404D4F53534144333837

Offline wrb55roscojr

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2018, 11:53:06 AM »
  At this time , how should we know what will happen..He may have  a trust, and will to be read. Plus if he had the business listed as a corporation. All that take time..Let the lawyers do their thing.And only then only we will know. What /how this will play out.....

May you,  Rest In Peace Mr. Dennis Hof.........

SIDEWINDER

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2018, 12:28:44 PM »

What would hof want??  Probably for the ladies to spin it for as much publicity as possible in the true hof tradition just like hof did when Lamar Odom was on death's bed. 

Amadan69

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2018, 12:43:30 PM »
Confirmed that LRV is shut down as I had an appointment there on Sunday that is now cancelled. Prayers for all the lovely ladies of LRV. They are collateral damage from the anti-brothel bullies latest attack. There was no need to shut down until the air clears, will probated, etc. They aren't even letting Hof go into the ground before they pounce.

roxanneprice

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2018, 01:36:40 PM »
+4

What would hof want??  Probably for the ladies to spin it for as much publicity as possible in the true hof tradition just like hof did when Lamar Odom was on death's bed.
Too soon Sidey. You're an outspoken man, but you know better. Let the dust settle.