Author Topic: Protecting Hof's legacy????  (Read 9246 times)

Offline Wildfire

• Hoser Family Member
Re: Protecting Hof's legacy????
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2018, 03:05:49 PM »
+5
Sidey yes we all know how much you loath Dennis Hof. The body is barely cold and you are already going down that road.

And at least they are going out in the public and given people a chance to hear their side and ask questions.

If the other side decides to no show, there isn't much they can do about that

Just how much time do you spend every day looking for Dennis hof and brothel material to keep reposting on this board?
I have to agree. His continuous research and posting iabout Hof s not only creepy, it borders on obsession.
Q

Makes one wonder why he's even still allowed on here

He doesn't participate and for years has done nothing but complain

Well Kevin you sure are not forced to read any post by Sidewinder ! 

SIDEWINDER

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2018, 04:00:26 PM »
+4
Instead of just complaining, I offered some suggestions but I guess that all got overlooked. 

Offline hungermonger

• High Roller
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2018, 04:18:20 PM »
Sidey yes we all know how much you loath Dennis Hof. The body is barely cold and you are already going down that road.

And at least they are going out in the public and given people a chance to hear their side and ask questions.

If the other side decides to no show, there isn't much they can do about that

Just how much time do you spend every day looking for Dennis hof and brothel material to keep reposting on this board?
I have to agree. His continuous research and posting iabout Hof s not only creepy, it borders on obsession.
Q

So provideing information is bad ?

If his subject line, was Bunnyranch ladies debate Lyon County referendum

That would be informational.

To post it in the method he has is antagonistic at a time where the funeral of the person hasn't even happened yet.

This death was untimely and unexpected. Let those that had known and worked for him to process at least a few days before starting the personal attacks.

First off please name the personal attacks .  I haven't seen one since Hof's passing .

Second for " those that had known and worked for him " yes they need time to process what has happened .
 But this is a internet forum where people don't alway agree on things and things maybe posted they don't like.
That is why there are house forums where everyone is one the same page .

Seem like this post is being hijacked from built up frustrations from other sources(most likely other websites).  Being emotional and on the internet is a dangerous combo. 

Title was derived from a quote in the article.  With less then 3 weeks before election day, push to get people informed and hopefully out to vote no on the ban.  Taking SW at his word for the past few months, he does want to see any brothel close. 

Honestly I hope he gets 2 wins (one solo and one with the ladies, staff, and supports of the brothel) on Nov 6.

Offline niceguy eddie

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2018, 04:19:22 PM »

Q

Sidey's hatred and obsession with Dennis Hof goes back decades.  I remember it from when I first found the predecessor to this board in 1998.

If I remember correctly, The fight Club section was started as a place to put all of the threads where Sidey started an argument with Dennis and resulted in the threads getting locked or going out of control.

I remember sometime in the spring or summer of 2016 when Sidewinder posted  about wondering what would happen when Dennis died.  It turned into a short thread that wound up getting locked and deleted.

I tried to find it by searching my own posts, since I remember posting in it, and I found another thread that I posted in where someone asked Dennis what he wanted his legacy to be: http://sex-in-nevada.net/smforum/index.php?topic=22889.0

Here is what Dennis Hof wrote in that thread:

"thanks for asking they are some good questions, I plan on answering them all as I get time but lets start with a couple this morning.

First let me start by saying I never have said I was buying sr (Sherry's Ranch), you asked me in a post what changes I would make to sr and I responded. sr is not in escrow. Would I buy it? sure why not a i have a huge presence in Southern Nv and adding one more would nit be a problem.

Legacy? My tombstone will say in this order

Best Friend
I am great friend to people I care about, more than anybody will ever know, if they have a problem its mine and I will do everything to make them happy.

Loved Domino
My Border collie that was my bestie for 15 1/2 years recently passed, he was the most amazing guy ever and I can't express how much i miss him. He was loyal and protective to an extreme, more people should be like him. He was cremated & sits right by my desk in a wood box where he protected me every day.
when I go he will be right next to me in my fire engine red coffin

Fought Sex trafficking
This is something i work on a lot. Its one of the most disgusting things about the USA and I hate it, most don't get but I am in the business and understand how bad things are.

Worlds Greatest Greatest salesman
I took a terrible ruin down brothel and with my sales, TV, Radio and marketing skills made it world famous. Everybody uses that term but BunnyRanch is world famous, HBO Cathouse has and is airing in 67 countries in 29 languages. Damn I love the residual checks!!!  I think My friend for nearly 40 years the founder of Comic Relief Bob Zmuda who produced The Man In The Moon starring Jim Carey articulated what I have done for the sex business in my book, The Art Of the Pimp

I gotta go I have huge team at Kit kat doing last minute stuff"

In another post he wrote:

"After you have passed, who will inherit your empire  Raving Loon asked this also in a post here also so lets start here

Madam suzette will take over immediately, she has been with me 24 years now, started at the  front door and worked her way up, she knows every job and has turned into an amazing fair, honest, loyal GM.  She is my best friend, loyal & protective like Domino and works so hard. she was tested with the SageBrush ranch, when I bought it I really kind of held back with the takeover and she just jumped in and did it as good better than I could have, business has well over doubled since I bought Sage while Love Ranch stayed the same and BunnyRanch had a 5 to 10% a year increase. I did the same thing with Kit Kat ranch, I handled all the remodel and decorating. Last week she jumped in full force and WOW what an amazing job she has done. She has been training staff for a month at the other stores and I must say she is right on top of all the details and trust me there are a lot of things to get done, she is there right now overseeing the girls moving in and lic them all. SUZETTE WILL BE AN AMZING OWNER THAT THE GIRLS LOVE AND RESPECT, get to know her you will see what a super choice she is. MadamSuzette@BunnyRanch.com

More to come re why I want the places to carry on rather than sell them and who gets the cash flow.

In the last 24 months I have sold at least 8 properties to make sure suzette has the millions she will need for inheritance taxes. What a stupid tax, I paid on every dime I have made and now they want to re tax me? I hate it but Suzette will have the cash."

no-use-words

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2018, 04:24:06 PM »
+12
I'm disappointed in what I'm reading

Reading the posts - here and other places - it looks like a LOT of folks just can't let go.
Hof was vilified by a lot of people while he was alive - rightly or wrongly doesn't matter - he was still vilified
And folks are STILL doing it - after he's no longer around (or maybe especially that he's no longer around)

Let's assume all the rape accusations (3 or 4?) are bullshit - we'll call it "he said, she said."

Let's assume he didn't allow a man wanted for rape charges stay around his properties - more "he said, she said."

Let's assume any and all ladies that used to work for him and their stories (rapes/assaults/harassment/being followed/etc) are bullshit - more "he said, she said" and to summarize one of Hof's ladies "they're all haters and couldn't make it."

Let's assume there isn't a power imbalance with him sleeping with the ladies - bosses do it with their secretaries/interns/subordinates all the time, we'll chalk this up to a difference in opinion.

We'll ignore everything above. It's a vast conspiracy.

Is there a reason to talk badly about him? He did dox a lady. That wasn't nice. We'll call this a lapse in judgment. Everyone makes mistakes.

Then he did it again. And again. And never apologized or took any of them down.

Dox a lady and see if she vilifies you. Then do it to another lady. And another. Are you going to be surprised if people talk badly about you? Remember only doxing - we're ignoring everything else.

Just because you're dead doesn't mean you automatically become a good person.

SIDEWINDER

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2018, 06:59:51 PM »
+12
Some of you fellers need to wake up and smell the coffee. Whether I like hof or not has nothing to do with what's going on now. My dislike of the way hof ran his brothels has nothing to do with the vote coming up in Lyon county to close the brothels. Neither does my dislike of the way hof run his brothels have anything to do with The Love Ranch south being closed.  Yet somehow, you think blaming me for not liking the way hof ran his brothels is suddenly going to make things right? Yet some refuse to accept the fact that the way hof ran his brothels is what has led up to all the trouble the brothels are currently having.   You can only rub something in people's faces for so long before they take action to do something about it and that's exactly what the Lyon county vote is about. 

Now having said that, I don't live in Nevada so I have no idea how the vote will go.  I would think banning the brothels proposition will  fail but with a new governor coming to office, he might just decide to take action to end legal prostitution himself and probably has the votes in the Nevada legislature to do it.

fantasygirl

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2018, 07:36:25 PM »
+3
I hate sidewinder so much now. What a piece of shit. How much money would it cost for me to donate to get him banned? $1,000? 3,000? I’d be willing to donate a very pretty penny to get him the fuck out. How much does it cost to run the board? I’ll pay for it. As long as he is gone. I hate that piece of shit loser.

Shut the hell up sidewinder. We hate you.

Offline Kevinz0071

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2018, 08:08:56 PM »
+3
I feel sorry for Sidewinder living such a pathetic life that he has nothing better to do.

Years and years of stalking Dennis with his serious man crush. Not realizing that there are professionals that can help with his problem. Whining about a hobby he doesn't participate in anymore sad really
Been on this board 8 years and some people still need to grow up
Some of you need to learn forum rules 6 & 7
Cyber tough guys make me lol

Offline mobeerlswhine

• High Roller
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2018, 08:14:35 PM »
+10
I hate sidewinder so much now. What a piece of shit. How much money would it cost for me to donate to get him banned? $1,000? 3,000? I’d be willing to donate a very pretty penny to get him the fuck out. How much does it cost to run the board? I’ll pay for it. As long as he is gone. I hate that piece of shit loser.

Fuck you. Open discussion is the essence of the country we live in. Open expression is the very foundation of the conditions that allow LPIN to exist in the first place. You and the statement you made above is far worse than anything I have read from Sidewinder. Fuck you again.

Offline Jack Rackham

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2018, 08:17:26 PM »
+9
Some of you fellers need to wake up and smell the coffee. Whether I like hof or not has nothing to do with what's going on now. My dislike of the way hof ran his brothels has nothing to do with the vote coming up in Lyon county to close the brothels. Neither does my dislike of the way hof run his brothels have anything to do with The Love Ranch south being closed.  Yet somehow, you think blaming me for not liking the way hof ran his brothels is suddenly going to make things right? Yet some refuse to accept the fact that the way hof ran his brothels is what has led up to all the trouble the brothels are currently having.   You can only rub something in people's faces for so long before they take action to do something about it and that's exactly what the Lyon county vote is about. 

Now having said that, I don't live in Nevada so I have no idea how the vote will go.  I would think banning the brothels proposition will  fail but with a new governor coming to office, he might just decide to take action to end legal prostitution himself and probably has the votes in the Nevada legislature to do it.

Sidey - I couldn't agree with you more. Whether anyone likes/dislikes Hof really is not the issue.

I don't doubt that many of you think Hof had "good" intentions of seeing LPIN thrive and that building his empire was a really good thing for everybody and the economy. Maybe many of you become wealthy as contractors and it helped your families and money was given to charities. I don't doubt that all happened. But in the end, how he went about it DID overexpose the industry and threw gasoline on the anti-brothel movement. Does saying that make me a Hof hater. No. I just always disagreed with how he went about it because I thought there might come a day where people who are opposed to LPIN and those who work in government would just have enough. There's just so many times that you get poked in the eye that it is going to cause a reaction. Hof certainly had the business acumen but I think he forgot that it's the government that always holds all the cards. Maybe most of you weren't around at the time but I always liked Marv's (old Sagebrush Ranch) approach to running business. He ran it quietly, cared about his customers, and knew not to rile the authorities.

BTW, just because you find someone's comments to be objectionable doesn't mean they shouldn't be expressed. I admit that I was probably premature in starting the thread that I did until the dust settled. I don't want to contribute to or create rumors. But I would hate to ever see this site become the mouthpiece of the brothel industry. I don't care if it is the Bunnyranch, the Mustang, or anyone else. I've always liked that there were different opinions here that even helped to uncover things occasionally.  Not that anyone has to become a hater. It's just good to have some balance once in awhile. Nothing wrong with that.

JR

fantasygirl

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2018, 09:45:25 PM »
Fuck you.  this board isn’t the country.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 09:46:58 PM by fantasygirl »

Offline Jack Rackham

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2018, 09:48:53 PM »
+6
Fuck you.  this board isn’t the country.
Predictable and shallow. Whatever.  ::)

roxanneprice

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2018, 10:32:27 PM »
+3
The fact that we are having this conversation doesn't even feel real yet. The way you guys are mentioning his name makes it almost feel like he's still alive. Reading all of the different articles about Dennis over the past few days has been so bizarre.

Things won't be the same moving forward.

SIDEWINDER

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2018, 11:27:23 AM »
+5
I feel sorry for Sidewinder living such a pathetic life that he has nothing better to do.

Years and years of stalking Dennis with his serious man crush. Not realizing that there are professionals that can help with his problem. Whining about a hobby he doesn't participate in anymore sad really

Don't feel sorry for me. Feel sorry for yourself. You're the one who keeps trying to insert yourself into  hof's life and talk as if you are hof's right hand man or part of the family. You remind me of that little feller in One Hour Photo played by Robin Williams.

goldie

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2018, 07:58:36 PM »
+15

Fuck you. Open discussion is the essence of the country we live in. Open expression is the very foundation of the conditions that allow LPIN to exist in the first place. You and the statement you made above is far worse than anything I have read from Sidewinder. Fuck you again.

Couldn’t agree more. For years it has amazed me how hateful people are to Sidewinder. So, he has opposing views, so what? I disagree with him more than I agree, but it’s always a fun read.  Throughout this particular thread he hasn’t said anything personally insulting about Dennis. And honestly I have no respect for someone who never really got along with Dennis but now comes on all hearts and flowers. That’s the height of hypocrisy.

If this board completely gets to the place where all you can post is peace and love and harmony, it’ll be so stunningly boring as to be pointless. If you don’t agree with someone, fine.  Awesome in fact!  Respectful disagreement and divergent points of view make a topic more interesting.

But get a grip...nothing Sidey has said in this thread warrants the “we all hate you.” And...I don’t hate him, I know others who don’t, so if you must post about hate please don’t speak for anyone but yourself.

Just my unsolicited $0.02 which I’m sure will inspire blowback.

Goldie