Author Topic: language :)  (Read 1859 times)

Offline Q

• Administrator
  • Hoser Family Member
Re: language :)
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2019, 04:23:07 PM »
+1
The two points Alice makes are not mutually exclusive. Yes we can say they are hot and value them for it. But no I don't consider their career choice to be a 'less than' choice. So there ya have it. Two different topics for me

Lucielove_elko

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2019, 04:31:53 PM »
+1
In some cases? What about the other cases?  And what about those who hang around the better part of their lives just to discover, it wasn't worth it?  Or trying to start a new life after the better part of their life has past them by?

BTW: It's not just brothel jobs.  There's many jobs I would not recommend to young women including retail.

For reals... there’s no really good alternative because it’s hard to find a really great relationship. I wouldn’t do this work if I was settled down in a relationship, but if I’m single I’ll make my money & have some great fun and make friends, but everyone is different.

And yeah there’s a lot of other jobs I would like worse. I used to want to work for the state department, but hearing horror stories from clients who’ve worked there- I’m glad I’m comfortable. I wouldn’t want to be an electrician and work for hours in the heat either, but if you want to make money make sacrifices.... what’s worse I’ve heard stories about Hollywood actresses getting paid only a thousand dollars a week with only a hundred dollar a day per diem- this was a recent controversy in a Matt Damien movie- wouldn’t do that. I saw a movie advertising an extra role for a Nicole Kidman movie only paying around $65 per day.... I’m sorry but you can work here and have fun & make money- but if I was serious about Getting married I’d be doing something else.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 04:37:18 PM by Lucielove_elko »

Offline ChicagoBob

• Horn Dog
  • Hoser Family Member
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2019, 05:34:12 PM »
In some cases? What about the other cases?  And what about those who hang around the better part of their lives just to discover, it wasn't worth it?  Or trying to start a new life after the better part of their life has past them by?

BTW: It's not just brothel jobs.  There's many jobs I would not recommend to young women including retail.

For reals... there’s no really good alternative because it’s hard to find a really great relationship. I wouldn’t do this work if I was settled down in a relationship, but if I’m single I’ll make my money & have some great fun and make friends, but everyone is different.

And yeah there’s a lot of other jobs I would like worse. I used to want to work for the state department, but hearing horror stories from clients who’ve worked there- I’m glad I’m comfortable. I wouldn’t want to be an electrician and work for hours in the heat either, but if you want to make money make sacrifices.... what’s worse I’ve heard stories about Hollywood actresses getting paid only a thousand dollars a week with only a hundred dollar a day per diem- this was a recent controversy in a Matt Damien movie- wouldn’t do that. I saw a movie advertising an extra role for a Nicole Kidman movie only paying around $65 per day.... I’m sorry but you can work here and have fun & make money- but if I was serious about Getting married I’d be doing something else.

Thank you Lucie... your candor is refreshing!
You're going to do well in life no matter what you do.  Keep on being you!   ;)
History will absolve me

Twitter@ChicagoBob6969

Lucielove_elko

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2019, 05:42:30 PM »

Thank you Lucie... your candor is refreshing!
You're going to do well in life no matter what you do.  Keep on being you!   ;)

Hehe sure thing :-) yeah, there’s so many other jobs I would do, I’ve never been married though not sure if I would want that job either lol. I dunno?!? What am I doing with my life???? Lol at least doing what we do we can have fun & make money at the same time. :-)

Offline hirohito

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2019, 07:17:31 PM »
Alicelittle, I don't see this from the vast majority of the people I've met at the brothels; I'm sorry that anyone would disrespect a sex worker. As a general rule, the more respect you show to a sex worker, the better the party. Those asshole are missing out.

Offline niceguy eddie

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2019, 08:29:29 PM »
Sorry, but this thread just begs for this quick video bite:

« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 08:36:59 PM by niceguy eddie »

JimmyTheGent

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2019, 06:57:31 AM »
+1
As far as language, I grew up in the 80's before everyone had to walk on eggshells.
Just to be fair I'll describe myself in a few words: a functional alcoholic, pothead, sex-addict, metal-head, and a goddamn slut! LOL  ;D

SIDEWINDER

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2019, 09:07:52 AM »
+5
I'm with Alice here.  We, of all people, should be able to normalize sex work.  It's a job, and in some cases it's a really well-paying job.  So, implying that she (or anyone else) is too good for it means we think there's something wrong with the job, and by extension with the people who do it.

Is that really what you think?  If so, maybe it's time for a little introspection to figure out why.

"So, implying that she (or anyone else) is too good for it means we think there's something wrong with the job."

Oh boy, don't get me started!

There's several things wrong with the job.

No benefits and certainly no retirement.
Being cooped up with a bunch of other women.
Perhaps having to have sex with people you just don't like.
Dead end job with no future.
Away from those who you do care about.
In some cases not liking the people you work with and then compounding the problem by having to live with them.
Having to pretend you really like people when if it were not for the money, you would probably not even give them the time of day.
Having to explain yourself on message boards without saying what you really think or feel.
No resume after working at a brothel.
Due to the nature of the work, it will never be accepted by some no matter how good a person you are.

Stay in it to make some decent money but don't hang around. Have an exit strategy and stick to it.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 09:10:01 AM by SIDEWINDER »

Offline niceguy eddie

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2019, 08:39:56 PM »
+1
Wow, this thread has taken quite a turn.

Offline Aubrey Huff

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2019, 09:57:03 PM »
+2
Hey...guys? it's 2019. Do you think we can maybe stop valuing women by their perceived hotness, and assuming that sex work is a 'less than' career?  By implying that a woman is too hot, too smart, too good for this industry- you're not only passing judgment on her career choice, but also passing judgment on every other woman who chooses this line of work.

Language has meaning- let's all try to be a bit more aware of what we say, and how we say it. It's a small, simple change that everyone can choose to make in order for this forum to be more welcoming for all. Sex workers get enough stigma from the rest of the world; lets not add to it here :)

Did you think about this virtue signaling advice when you yelled and went off on the guy in the debate a few months ago and wouldn't listen to his viewpoint? Was your own language a factor then?

The houses of Hof have created their own hierarchy of hotness from day one. Bunny Ranch is top line, then LRN, and then Sage and Kit Kat following behind.  The prices follow accordingly also.

So, I am going to just follow the model that your old boss created in how women in LPIN are ranked by hotness.

Congratulations on beating that streak by cornering a freak niche market and making your mark at the Bunny Ranch.

Offline niceguy eddie

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2019, 10:58:57 PM »
+1

Did you think about this virtue signaling advice when you yelled and went off on the guy in the debate a few months ago and wouldn't listen to his viewpoint? Was your own language a factor then?

Alice gets a lot of undeserved heat for that.  The guy in question at the town hall meeting referred to ladies who work at brothels as "w-h-o-r-e-s."   These days that is not acceptable as they consider it to be a slur or insult, the same as if you call a black person by the N-word.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 11:01:49 PM by niceguy eddie »

Offline Wildfire

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2019, 04:23:00 AM »
I'm with Alice here.  We, of all people, should be able to normalize sex work.  It's a job, and in some cases it's a really well-paying job.  So, implying that she (or anyone else) is too good for it means we think there's something wrong with the job, and by extension with the people who do it.

Is that really what you think?  If so, maybe it's time for a little introspection to figure out why.

"So, implying that she (or anyone else) is too good for it means we think there's something wrong with the job."

Oh boy, don't get me started!

There's several things wrong with the job.

No benefits and certainly no retirement.
Being cooped up with a bunch of other women.
Perhaps having to have sex with people you just don't like.
Dead end job with no future.
Away from those who you do care about.
In some cases not liking the people you work with and then compounding the problem by having to live with them.
Having to pretend you really like people when if it were not for the money, you would probably not even give them the time of day.
Having to explain yourself on message boards without saying what you really think or feel.
No resume after working at a brothel.
Due to the nature of the work, it will never be accepted by some no matter how good a person you are.

Stay in it to make some decent money but don't hang around. Have an exit strategy and stick to it.

As normal Sidewinder you are very good at pointing out the negative . 
But you do make some good points.  No matter what title is put on the profession it does not change anything in the minds of the majority of the population .
The good point of legal prostitution  in a Nevada brothel is they do get proof of income with a 1099 .  But try to get a loan from a bank good luck no matter what the the job is even though it is legal. 
Should this change yes it should but you're right it want .  This country has way to many narrow minded people how bases everything on what a little black book tells them how believe and act .   

JimmyTheGent

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2019, 05:10:50 AM »
To be honest, if the holy-rollers of recent just shut down the big houses, I wouldn't care.  Small houses rule!

Offline Randy Marsh

• High Roller
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2019, 07:19:40 AM »
To be honest, if the holy-rollers of recent just shut down the big houses, I wouldn't care.  Small houses rule!

The smaller houses are generally better, but if they shut down the big ones, the small ones would inevitably follow.....give them an inch and they take a mile.

So I do care

Lucielove_elko

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2019, 09:39:43 AM »

The smaller houses are generally better, but if they shut down the big ones, the small ones would inevitably follow.....give them an inch and they take a mile.

So I do care

I like there being more brothels so that more ladies have the opportunity to come to nevada and work legally- but I do wish that there would be more musical performances up here in northern Nevada which would help bring in more customers to the rural brothels here in Elko, as well as a really swanky ski lodge/s. Northern Nevada is really a hidden gem, it’s so beautiful and given good musical acts like Iron Maiden, & some real good country acts if we could get them booking in the Elko area we could bring in customers from all over the place- we already do but I’m dying to get Iron Maiden to add Elko to their tour this year.

There used to be ALOT of rural brothels up here that have since closed, adding more vacation opportunities is really key to supporting the ladies that work here. We do have regular miners etc & I believe there is a golf club/course here but the addition of skwany ski lodges & more summer vacation opportunities in terms of golf & fishing with opening more lake boats & summer music festivals would surely help us ladies in getting and staying busy even through the winter.

Also the addition of golf courses ski lodges and music concerts etc would provide more opportunies for work in this area- would need people to build them, more restaurants, grounds men, local shopping would improve etc it could be very good for mom and pop businesses which is mainly Elkos focus on their own local economy- including that with large spas & other farm to table businesses would really help us ladies here!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 09:44:13 AM by Lucielove_elko »