Discussions > LPIN Specific Discussion

Legal Brothels are the best system for legalization

(1/4) > >>

Lucielove_elko:
So I was just thinking last night, well if all prostitution was legal wouldn't guys just take any women walking down the street for money. As in perhaps she agrees but then what if something goes wrong. The man who could have ended up raping her, would be able to say that it was agreed upon. There would be a level of choas that could occur in a completely legalized system. Even now many girls working the streets are often raped, beaten, stabbed and other bad stuff. Thus they turn to decent agencies and some girls who make a full commitment to the life & job go to the brothels.

My question is wouldn't it be worse for women who are down on their luck for this type of legalization to occur? Thinking of it from a perspective of safety?

I dont know but brothels are legal because they are regulated and safe. In order to institute full legalization wouldn't all prostitutes be required to get adult entertainment licenses  like we do, which often cost $300 plus dollars per year? Plus weekly testing?

If women couldn't go for weekly testing wouldn't that make the environment very unsafe for all sex workers?

My question is that for many of us professional sex workers- we have been required to get permits to work, like for example even in Atlanta to be a dancer you have to get a license, and Adult Entertainment license, it's a valid government ID- this contains information including where you work, and what name you use at the club

This ensures your clients safety.

Here they run full background checks AND make sure we do not owe child support. In addition we are required to do testing.

Legalization isnt as easy peasy as one two three everyone "should be" legal.

First it wouldn't be safe for everyone, secondly they would have to institute standards, which are already in place for those of us who currently work in the Nevada legal brothels.

I dont know- thoughts?

hirohito:
New Zealand is the case study on this; I'm curious what their crime statistics are before and after decriminalization.

Randy Marsh:

--- Quote from: hirohito on April 20, 2019, 06:56:11 PM ---New Zealand is the case study on this; I'm curious what their crime statistics are before and after decriminalization.

--- End quote ---

From what ive heard they have had less instances of sex trafficking after decriminalization.

Dreadhead:
I agree with you; legalization is really good; it ensures the working girls will be protected. Women who work independently run the risk of being caught by law enforcement or even victimized by nefarious men, as you've said. From what I understand, brothels offer women legal and physical safety.

Due to the standards regarding testing and condom use you guys have, it's not likely STDs will be spread. With girls who work illegally, who can say whether they're getting themselves tested, or even if they're protecting themselves?

I'd also add that to some extent, the men who seek your services are protected as well. I'm thinking about the recent situation where female rapper Cardi B (I'm pretty sure most people have heard of her, but if you haven't, not only are you not missing much, but I envy you), during her days as a stripper, admitted to luring men to hotel rooms under the guise of exchanging sex for money. Instead, she would drug them and call her gang members to rob them of their money.

Not only that, but there are plenty of ladies who will reveal the names of their clients, which can severely damage a man's reputation.

I'm pretty men wouldn't have to worry about women drugging them and robbing them inside of one of the brothels. And from what I understand, ladies in LPIN are very discreet, and I don't feel as though I would be outed by any of you.

Randy Marsh:

--- Quote from: Lucielove_elko on April 20, 2019, 04:56:37 PM ---So I was just thinking last night, well if all prostitution was legal wouldn't guys just take any women walking down the street for money. As in perhaps she agrees but then what if something goes wrong. The man who could have ended up raping her, would be able to say that it was agreed upon. There would be a level of choas that could occur in a completely legalized system. Even now many girls working the streets are often raped, beaten, stabbed and other bad stuff. Thus they turn to decent agencies and some girls who make a full commitment to the life & job go to the brothels.

My question is wouldn't it be worse for women who are down on their luck for this type of legalization to occur? Thinking of it from a perspective of safety?

I dont know but brothels are legal because they are regulated and safe. In order to institute full legalization wouldn't all prostitutes be required to get adult entertainment licenses  like we do, which often cost $300 plus dollars per year? Plus weekly testing?

If women couldn't go for weekly testing wouldn't that make the environment very unsafe for all sex workers?

My question is that for many of us professional sex workers- we have been required to get permits to work, like for example even in Atlanta to be a dancer you have to get a license, and Adult Entertainment license, it's a valid government ID- this contains information including where you work, and what name you use at the club

This ensures your clients safety.

Here they run full background checks AND make sure we do not owe child support. In addition we are required to do testing.

Legalization isnt as easy peasy as one two three everyone "should be" legal.

First it wouldn't be safe for everyone, secondly they would have to institute standards, which are already in place for those of us who currently work in the Nevada legal brothels.

I dont know- thoughts?

--- End quote ---

Creating a legalized regulated brothel system (like in Nevada and Germany) would probably be better than simply decriminalizing all sex work (mearly repealling all laws against prostitution) as New Zealand did. However, I don't think decriminalization would lead to chaos. It would certainly be better than prostitution being completely illegal and better than the Nordic model (legal to sell illegal to buy). Lucie you mentioned that ladies may be more vulnerable to violent guys posing as customers under a decriminalized system, particularly those that work on the street. Things got safer for all sex workers (even street walkers) after prostitution was decriminalized in New Zealand. Sexual assaults declined because all sex workers were provided the same legal protections as other professions. Because their vocation was now legal they were less afraid to report violent crimes against themselves to law enforcement.

Girls who work on the street and get hurt or robbed in the USA are often not willing to report what happened to them because they will get persecuted themselves (unlike in New Zealand where all prostitution including streetwalking is legal).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version