Author Topic: Reno air races  (Read 372 times)

Offline hirohito

• Hoser Family Member
Reno air races
« on: July 17, 2019, 05:53:17 PM »
While I probably am not able to go this year, this event does spark my curiosity. Has anyone been there before and if so would you recommend it?  I'm looking for more and more excuses to visit Northern Nevada.

Offline Dr. Who

• Hoser Family Member
Re: Reno air races
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 06:01:16 PM »
If you've never been to the Air Races & Air Show, it's worth checking out.  I've only been able to attend the Air Races once, but if I had the chance, I would go again.

https://airrace.org

Offline georoc01

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 12:57:33 PM »
Air Races, Camel Races, Street Vibrations, Start of football season..lots of good reason (and good weather) to visit Reno in September.

Crystal Cooper

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 01:35:47 PM »
Is it a civilian air show? I’ve only had experience with military air shows. The ones in San Antonio were always awesome. And there’s one in Houston too. (There’s a reservist Joint forces base in Houston with one active duty airmen unit) My dad flew planes in the Air Force. It was pretty awesome when I was growing up to watch him in action. Now it’s normal to me lol.

Twitter: crystalcooperxx
Only Fans: crystalcooperxx
Snapchat: crystaal_cooper
Streamate: crystalcooperxx

Desert Rose: 775-753-6972
357 Douglas St
Elko NV, 89801

4pm~4am or anytime by appointment

XOXO
CRYS

Offline raving loon

• Hoser Family Member
  • Proudly driving the sane, crazy
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 01:53:35 PM »
It's been a decent event it's the only event left where it actually is a legitimate racing contest (Red Bull is pulling the plug on their air racing circuit in September). Although it's been a couple of years since I've gone, due to some changes I didn't like, though I may head back this year. I've been going off and on since 2002 and have met people that have been going since the 70's. If you've never been, definitely go and see it. Sunday tends to be the big day with the finals, but if you're just going for the hell of it you do the earlier days for a cheaper price. PM if there's anything specific you want to know about, though the web site Dr Who listed is a good starting point.

Offline Dr. Who

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2019, 01:54:43 PM »
Is it a civilian air show? I’ve only had experience with military air shows. The ones in San Antonio were always awesome. And there’s one in Houston too. (There’s a reservist Joint forces base in Houston with one active duty airmen unit) My dad flew planes in the Air Force. It was pretty awesome when I was growing up to watch him in action. Now it’s normal to me lol.

357 Douglas St
Elko NV, 89801

XOXO
CRYS
It's mainly civilian, but they usually have some military aircrafts on display and the Thunderbirds are suppose to perform in their air show this year.

If Hirohito like air shows, he should also check out Aviation Nation at Nellis AFB in Las Vegas which is 11/16-11/17.  It's another good air show, especially since the Thunderbirds and other military aircrafts are flying in their home airspace with no restrictions ...LOL.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 01:56:42 PM by Dr. Who »

Crystal Cooper

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2019, 01:58:41 PM »
I forgot about Nellis! Yes check out Nellis AFB. It’s always a good show. My little sister went to an air show there 2 years ago and she enjoyed it!

Offline hirohito

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2019, 03:42:27 PM »

357 Douglas St
Elko NV, 89801

XOXO
CRYS

I'm embarrassed to not think of Lackland AFB since I live in San Antonio. Thanks for the the responses everyone; I'm getting a better idea of what to expect when I go.

Crystal Cooper

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2019, 03:46:03 PM »
And Randolph is there too! And we all forget sometimes!

Offline georoc01

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2019, 09:05:38 AM »

357 Douglas St
Elko NV, 89801

XOXO
CRYS
It's mainly civilian, but they usually have some military aircrafts on display and the Thunderbirds are suppose to perform in their air show this year.

If Hirohito like air shows, he should also check out Aviation Nation at Nellis AFB in Las Vegas which is 11/16-11/17.  It's another good air show, especially since the Thunderbirds and other military aircrafts are flying in their home airspace with no restrictions ...LOL.

I'm in Vegas the week prior for a conference, it might be worth extending a day or two just to check it out.

SIDEWINDER

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2019, 11:38:41 AM »
Several years ago, they use to hold a great air show at the Fallon Naval air station in Nevada.  I use to make a day of it going though Fernley and stopping at the Wig Wam Café for breakfast and then on to Fallon for the air show.  I don't know if they still have the airshow or not. 

Offline Michael J.

• Regular
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2019, 09:08:41 PM »
I've been attending the Air Races since 1979.  PM me any questions you might have.