Author Topic: WildKat-Mina  (Read 3517 times)

Offline Interested bystander

• Hoser Family Member
Re: WildKat-Mina
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2011, 09:09:55 AM »
When Salt Wells Villa was still open in Fallon it was put off limits for people stationed at the NAS there.  The reason was because one of the officers went in and used his government issued credit card.  There was a big stink about it at the time. That's the only house I'm aware being declared off limits.  Dennis even offers an active duty discount occasionally.

gummi_bear_2004

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2011, 09:52:17 PM »
As I recall, the only way the military can place a legal establishment "off-limits" requires a quasi-legal board hearing and the approval of the military commander.  The establishment then must "be served" to provide notice.  There is no penalty for the establishment for violations but the service member who violates such an order can be court martialed.  Now it would seem to me that if the brothels were off limits, there would clearly be a record of it somewhere.  Having not found it, I conclude it does not exist.  IMHO

Yeah I don't think that establishments themselves can be off limit (although I may be wrong)...I think it's the activities that can be conducted there are what is frowned upon. Even though going to brothels is one of the safest ways to get busy (lets face it...you can't trust a gal now-a-days that says she is clean...I kinda want proof myself lol)...but I think for the most part it is a "safety" thing they are most worried about (when it comes to sexual activity)...

[/quote]
But, as Gummi Bear touched on, there was a don't ask, don't tell mind set about visiting Ladies of the Evening. As long as you didn't show up at a medical dyspensary with a case of the clap, no one was gonna say anything about your off-duty shenanigans.
[/quote]

As you said PB it's more about safety than anything. :)...so while there are those "rules" or guidelines, if a higher up came and questioned why they were allowing activity like that going on (not making a fuss about gentlemen going to legal brothels), IF they had proof that the men in uniform were actually patronizing those establishments for the purpose of partying, then they could (again if they wanted to) make a stink about it and cause trouble for the gent patrons.

ovr-da-hill

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2011, 06:58:29 AM »

Yeah I don't think that establishments themselves can be off limit (although I may be wrong)...I think it's the activities that can be conducted there are what is frowned upon.

Sorry, Gummi, but of this I am certain...it IS the establishment that is placed "off-limits",

gummi_bear_2004

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2011, 05:12:48 PM »

Yeah I don't think that establishments themselves can be off limit (although I may be wrong)...I think it's the activities that can be conducted there are what is frowned upon.

Sorry, Gummi, but of this I am certain...it IS the establishment that is placed "off-limits",

Thanks for letting me know ODH...I do appreciate it. :) I knew I could have been wrong (and was haha)...so thanks for the correction! You can never know TOO much hehe (so again, thanks ;) )