Poll

Seriously making a NY resolution? What is it related to? (can pick 1+)

Better health: lose weight - increase exercise - improve diet
14 (37.8%)
Improved finances: make more - spend less - invest more/better
5 (13.5%)
Love & happiness: cut your gal/guy lose - fix the relationship - more brothel time!!!
5 (13.5%)
Travel & entertainment: do more stuff - see more new places - check more life boxes
10 (27%)
Full on reboot: quit the job - pack your shit & go - find a new god or abandon an old one
1 (2.7%)
Other: specify if you like, in your response below
2 (5.4%)
No changes - life is PERFECT as is: newly added option, for you liars haha
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: %397 %16, %2023, %0:%Jan:%th %-08:00

Author Topic: Boring non-imaginative poll - any significant 2023 New Year's resolutions?  (Read 466 times)

Offline NewDude2022

• High Roller
Well boys and girls, moms and dads, customers and courtesans of all ages. Is 2023 time to take a 'hard left'? Or is it smoooooooth saaaaaaaaailing on your current path? 

You can choose up to 5 options I think - (and even change them?) or pencil one in below in your reply, in lieu of or in addition to, your choices above.  I know I haven't covered everything.

Don't worry - nobody knows who TF you are or which options you chose (unless you tell us), so nobody is holding you fully accountable. But why not be honest? 

The best thing I did to make my life changes stick was to make sure I said what I was planning on doing in front of family and friends that I respected - not the same as here?  :o haha - relax, that's a joke. Seriously - then I *knew* that if I fell short, that I would look like a horse's ass - at least if I didn't make up some crazy excuse or alibi?  ;)  So I had more motivation to see it through - tho I occasionally resembled that horse's backside...

Obviously life gets in the way sometimes as well - aka 'shit happens.'  The best laid plans of mice and men... yada yada. BUT - positive life changes start with a single step.

Last year, even though I have always been a pretty happy dude thanks to some very good fortune, I decided to up my happiness game by going to Sue's - and eventually to other houses in town once I found out this was REAL. ::)  And yes, I told one or two important people in my life that this was the plan (not everybody - duh!) They didn't believe me.  BUT - they believe me now when I glowingly tell them my 'Stories from Northern Nevada'! 

Happy New Year, my fellow mongers and dearest courtesans! Have some fun with this!  8)
« Last Edit: %412 %26, %2022, %0:%Dec:%th %-08:00 by NewDude2022 »
If for some reason you are not living for today - and they say that tomorrow never comes .... where does that leave you?

Online SMRKIA

• Hoser Family Member
Re: Boring non-imaginative poll - any significant 2023 New Year's resolutions?
« Reply #1 on: %770 %26, %2022, %0:%Dec:%th %-08:00 »
+2
I had that full on reboot resolution for years, I mean MANY years. A couple years ago I finally did it. Quit my job and left the area I had lived in for 25+years. Biggest regret is not doing sooner. If there’s one thing I learned, don’t expect things to get better by themselves, you gotta make them get better. I was unhappy and miserable all the time, I don’t know, I guess I just felt that if I worked hard and was kind to everyone things would just work out one day. Talk about beating a dead horse.

But that plunge brought me love and happiness, so for me it’s my health.

Offline NewDude2022

• High Roller
« Reply #2 on: %807 %26, %2022, %0:%Dec:%th %-08:00 »
I had that full on reboot resolution for years, I mean MANY years. A couple years ago I finally did it. Quit my job and left the area I had lived in for 25+years. Biggest regret is not doing sooner. If there’s one thing I learned, don’t expect things to get better by themselves, you gotta make them get better. I was unhappy and miserable all the time, I don’t know, I guess I just felt that if I worked hard and was kind to everyone things would just work out one day. Talk about beating a dead horse.

But that plunge brought me love and happiness, so for me it’s my health.

Amen to that. I did the same nearly 20 years ago. Never looked back. Best thing I ever did. It takes balls - and yes, brains as to how to make it happen logistically - but mostly balls8)

7 out of 8 so far for 'better health.'  LET'S DO THIS!!!  The more I watch the news, the more I realize that we are all 'on the clock.' No time like the present to do what it takes.  Step 1 is the hardest on any of these.
« Last Edit: %810 %26, %2022, %0:%Dec:%th %-08:00 by NewDude2022 »
If for some reason you are not living for today - and they say that tomorrow never comes .... where does that leave you?

Offline Sonja

• Hoser Family Member
  • Point your erection in my direction.
    • Love Ranch Vegas
« Reply #3 on: %971 %26, %2022, %0:%Dec:%th %-08:00 »
+2
Since this will be my last NV tour... I am looking forward to those of you who have been ships in the night... we have kept contact and we've lusted but never got together.  This year is our year. It has to be.

I just had someone contact me from my old nudist community. They have a book club and they're reading my 1st book. I haven't cracked that open in a loooong time. So I did and I was surprised at how good it was - LOL.  Now I am inspired to stop procrastinating and get back to writing and finish that 3rd book... And I will be getting help from you guys.  You're the only community I have left where there is both common and intimate knowledge of this culture and specific key people and incidents.

Offline NewDude2022

• High Roller
« Reply #4 on: %002 %26, %2022, %0:%Dec:%th %-08:00 »
If only! haha

Have you ever mentioned the name of your book(s) out here, or is that considered a no-no?

Offline mayetrix300

• Regular
« Reply #5 on: %076 %26, %2022, %0:%Dec:%th %-08:00 »
+1
I actually kept my 2022 resolution through the end. I went from 205 to 173 pounds after some changes to my diet and plenty of exercising, including planking. My biggest game changer was securing a wfh job and relieving all that stress behind. I honestly couldn't have done it without that.

I'm not asking much in 2023. All I ask is to continue this momentum.

Offline Curiousgeorge

• Regular
« Reply #6 on: %247 %26, %2022, %0:%Dec:%th %-08:00 »
+1
Well I have done most of these this year so I fitness is the only one I’m likely to do. I traveled more this year than ever before, I ended a 13 year relationship, I have worked tons of overtime, and lost some weight (though much more is needed.

Offline RoxyGold

• Working Girl
  • Hoser Family Member
  • Girl With the Golden Touch
« Reply #7 on: %249 %26, %2022, %0:%Dec:%th %-08:00 »
+3
I chose health, which these last few years I have been admittedly half assed lol.

More exercise, less cheesecake (the fried strawberry cheesecakes at Arby’s, I will miss you so)

More books, less TV (happy medium being celebrity memoirs)

More meditation, less inner rage (channel that negative energy with AIR GUITAR)

I also chose finance, though that might occur on its own if I stop buying cheesecakes :)
Courtesan of the Year 2018
Available at Mona’s Ranch in Elko
Twitter @missroxygold

And the girl in the corner said Boy, I wanna warn you it’ll turn into a Ballroom Blitz

Offline Sonja

• Hoser Family Member
  • Point your erection in my direction.
    • Love Ranch Vegas
« Reply #8 on: %846 %27, %2022, %0:%Dec:%th %-08:00 »
+2
If only! haha

Have you ever mentioned the name of your book(s) out here, or is that considered a no-no?

The first is currently out of print but it will go back into play when I finish the 3rd book (I want to release them as a trilogy).  "Twisted Passage"

The 2nd is "Sex Warrior"

The 3rd will be "Madam on the Menu"

I am thinking about creating a thread here where you all can read what I have here in the "Way Off Topic" section.  Also to get some support for the final book as there are many here who can fill in some gaps I may have with your own accounts of events.

Offline niceguy eddie

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #9 on: %034 %27, %2022, %0:%Dec:%th %-08:00 »
+1

The first is currently out of print but it will go back into play when I finish the 3rd book (I want to release them as a trilogy).  "Twisted Passage"

Kind of a hot looking book club you got there.

Offline mrtongue

• Regular
« Reply #10 on: %155 %27, %2022, %0:%Dec:%th %-08:00 »
Well, I didn’t choose health, not because I don’t feel like there’s room for improvement, but rather because I got a bit of a wake up call last year. That prompted me to make some immediate changes which have been for the better. Better finances will lead to more brothel time, and I’m all for that!

Offline Armond

• Hoser Family Member
« Reply #11 on: %236 %27, %2022, %0:%Dec:%th %-08:00 »
Group sex orgy at one of the houses TBD in 2023

Offline NewDude2022

• High Roller
« Reply #12 on: %316 %27, %2022, %0:%Dec:%th %-08:00 »
5-cent quantitative analysis so far:

19 responders for 35+ responses - says most of us have a couple of things we would like to do.  I know I chose 3. If you have >1, you are not alone. In fact, you are in the majority. Pick one and make it the top priority, while chipping away at the other. You CAN address more than one!

Far and away, the largest vote getter is weight/diet/exercise - better health. For those of you who already have had success on that, kudos & keep up the good work! I did myself this year, but I am backsliding more than a little bit at year end here - holiday meals being what they are haha. I'll throw it out there that 'intermittent fasting' is what worked best for me in 2022. Watch some YT vids on it. It's not starving yourself, but just narrowing the range of hours within which you eat each day, so your body can 'be hungry' daily - and feed off of already existing fat storage. It is less about what you eat and how much, and more about WHEN you eat. I never felt starved since a large portion of my non-eating hours were while sleeping. Skipping breakfast gets you 70% of the way, skipping late night snacks gets you the other 30% imho. When I was at my best, I was eating exclusively b/n noon and 7pm. Maybe a banana before or after. Always light exercise to go along with it.

Best video I saw was some lady doing a 'TEDx' thing, targeting women - but the message was universal. Possibly after a commercial? There are many, many videos.

My problem now is I am back to eating 'around the clock' these last 4 weeks. Well, on Jan 1, that changes again, and is why I chose it here as well. It is a nice tool to already have in my toolbox, having used it successfully once - and I will dust it off next week. My motivation was feeling that my big fat self was smothering the nice young courtesan that was my 1st LPIN experience. She did not complain (poor Jessica), but I felt it immediately. And I felt better later when I returned 15-20 lbs lighter throughout the year.

I appears that - so far - I am the only one who picked 'pack your shit & go... etc'  I really think that will happen. Done it twice before & expect to do it again - on a larger scale. I'm f***in' bored, tbh. However, if I do, it will take me completely away from LPIN at some point, tho not soon. Until then, I expect to enjoy TF out of some loosely planned trips to Northern NV.
« Last Edit: %327 %27, %2022, %0:%Dec:%th %-08:00 by NewDude2022 »